It's easy to change your water filter cartridge.
Follow these 10 easy steps.
- Turn off the water supply to the filter system and open the filter tap to release the pressure.
- Place the spanner that came with your kit around the body of the filter bowl and slide up until the lugs enable you to unscrew the bowl from the housing cap. Rotate from right to left looking straight on, or clockwise if you view it from above. If you haven't mounted the housing to the cupboard wall you may need to brace the cap somehow.
- The housing bowl will be full of water so proceed carefully to minimise spillage. Once unscrewed lower the housing bowl away from the cap, and remove to the sink.
- Empty the water and remove the old filter cartridge.
- Rinse and wipe out the housing bowl.
- If the black O ring is 2 to 3 years old this is the time to replace it. Otherwise ensure the O ring is in good condition, it's worth coating it silicon grease if it's a bit dry. Replace it in the groove, ensuring the O ring is properly seated.
- Unwrap the new filter cartridge and place inside the housing bowl, making sure it slips onto the small stand pipe in the base of the housing bowl.
- Screw the housing bowl onto the cap, turning anticlockwise until hand tight - do not over tighten.
- Turn on the water supply and allow the the filter system to refill - once done close the tap and check the housing bowl to cap for leaks. If there are any leaks then use the spanner to tighten the bowl a fraction. You may need to either turn off the water supply and release the pressure again to do this.
- Finally, once you're certain there are no leaks, open the tap and allow the water run for 5 minutes to flush out any manufacturing debris.
DO NOT use the spanner to tighten the housing bowl - this will make it very difficult to undo at the next filter change.